With the new SpectroProofer ILS30 made by X-Rite, Proof GmbH has created the basis for automated measurements and Proof verifications according to M1 standard. Proofs with optical brighteners (OBAs – Optical Brightning Agents) can now be measured. Contrary to earlier announcements, the new SpectroProofer are also able to measure the current proofing standards as before in M0 measurement standard.
Fogra Fogra 51 and 52, optical brighteners and the new standards for offset printing and proofing are currently on everyone’s lips. In the proof area we still see only announcements and beta versions, but no real solutionsby now. In 2013 the reorganization of ISO 12647-2 was adopted for offset printing, but according to ECI the earliest “expected recommendation on the implementation of the new ISO 12647-2 as well as the provision of appropriate handouts and instruments’ will be in 2015. The current status of Fogra 51 and Fogra 52 from our perspective:
- Fogra Fogra 51 and 52 have completed the beta phase at the Fogra in May 2014 and were forwarded to the ECI. The there in the project “fred15” compiled information and downloads are but from March, July to October 2014, but since then there has been no more news on the new standards. So there is currently no date for the release of the final profiles, handouts and tools foreseeable. Fogra, ECI, bvdm and UGRA continue to work together on the new standards.
- ONE Technologies announced in May 2014, the certified proofing paper “ONE Proof Paper 51 SATIN” on … that in November is not yet available anywhere.
- GMG announced in October, the proofing paper “GMG Proof semimatte 250 OBA”, which to this day is also available anywhere.
- Also working on new proofing substrates is EFI, but naming, pricing and release dates are not known.
- Epson announced in August to deliver from 1 September 2014 all Epson SpectroProofer measuring devices with the new measuring head ILS 30 only. Unfortunately, the new SpectroProofer is not yet commercially available as an accessory.
- While all previous sources reported that the new SpectroProofer – Although Fogra 51 and 52, ie M1 and M2 capable, can not measure ISOcoatedv2 or M0. EFI with Fiery XF 6.1 and the SpectroProofer ILS 30 support all measurement modes, ie Fogra 51 and 52 and ISOcoatedv2 simultaneously … unfortunately is neither Fiery XF 6.1. previously available nor the SpectroProofer … but according to EFI they are currently testing all 3 modes … M0, M1 and M2 with the new SpectroProofer … that sounds promising. Continue reading