Fogra Technology Research Association with headquarters in Munich is a service provider for the printing industry. It has four areas of work:
- Research and Development
- Counseling, testing and inspection
- Committee work and standardization
- Knowledge Transfer and Qualification
Fogra has around 800 members from the printing industry and the supply industry and around 60 employees, including engineers, chemists and physicists.
Relevant to the proof is the Fogra in several places:
- The Ugra / Fogra Media Wedge CMYK V3.0 is used as a controlling agent for verification of proofs
- The audit records Fogra be applied (eg Fogra 39 for proofs according ISOcoatedv2
- Fogra certifies companies for the production of contract proofs, as well as proof-papers and more.
- Thus, for example, the Proof GmbH certified for creating proofs to Fogra 39 and 47